St. Francis-St. Maximilian Parish Council Meeting
Minutes from May 6, 2013
The meeting began at 7:00 pm with prayer led by Deacon Dennis Loffreda.
Council Representatives present: Judy Jenkins, Jim Horvath, Jorge Sanchez, Stephanie Malzahn, Alice King, Sue Mooney-Smith
Absent: Fr. Chris Talbot, Barbara Colpaert, Bonnie Felis,
Commission Representative present: Mario Campos-Escoffie, Jim Van Belle,Carolynn Socia
Absent: Kathy Quayhackx
Vicariate Representatives present: Gladys Bosel Absent: Fred Smith
Prior to this meeting all members received copies of meeting and commission minutes. The minutes of the April meeting were reviewed and approved. Jim Van Belle motioned to accept, seconded by Mario Campos-Escoffie.
Public comment: None
Spiritual Study: Deacon continued explaining “The Story of Vatican II – Chronology, Set Up, Rules, Governance and Gossip”. Part three explained the Church in Today’s World.
Pastor’s Report: In Fr. Chris’s absence, Jim Van Belle reported that the Finance Council approved the budget for 2013-2014. We will also solicit bids to reroof the church building.
- Historical committee – In progress. They will put together 3 separate books (St. Francis history, St. Maximilian history and St. Francis-St. Maximilian)
- Soccer Field – Goal posts are up, ready for games to begin.
- Changing Lives Together –Each month less cans are being returned. Thoughts were that people have a hard time answering the questions so in turn do not return the cans. Fr. may need to re-explain the purpose of the program since many of the “snowbirds” are now back.
- Pictorial directory – Barb Colpaert is in contact with the rep from Lifetouch Photography. A contract was given to Fr. for approval. Fr. suggested that we include a Sunday afternoon photo session.
- State of the parish reports – in progress. Need Fr’s State of the Parish.
- Review of parish budget.
- New parishioner information handed out to Mario Campos-Escoffie and Alice King.
- Together in Faith –Nothing to report.
Questions and/or Clarifications:
- Stewardship – The building use form is in the process of being revised. The wording about an “opening/closing fee” needs to be revised.
The idea of an evening Mass in the Vicariate was discussed. The only parishes in favor were St. Isidore, St. Therese and St. Lawrence. They can work to pursue this issue. No other discussion on the matter.
Preparation for the next meeting:
Next Commission meetings will be on Monday, May 20th at 7:00 pm.
The next agenda meeting was not scheduled.
The meeting adjourned at 8:28 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 3, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Kathy Burke